Stellenbezeichnung: French & Spanish translator
Firma: World Food Programme
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern – Roma
Job Beschreibung: .
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and we encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB TITLE: French & Spanish translator
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultant – When Actually Employed (WAE)
UNIT/DIVISION: Cash Based Transfer
DUTY STATION: Rome, Munich or remote
DURATION: Up to 30 days over 6 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, 23 August 2023 (11:59 PM CEST).
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is saving lives in emergencies and using food and cash assistance to change lives and empower people to meet their essential needs. WFP does this both through direct programming as well as by supporting governments on their national pathways toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in partnership with multiple stakeholders. WFP is the largest cash actor in the humanitarian community: WFP transferred over US$3.3 billion to 56 million people across 72 countries in 2022.
When WFP sends people money, we give them the flexibility to choose what they need and when they need it. People spend most of the money WFP sends them on food, but they also can use it to pay medical bills, rent or school fees.
WFP has recently approved its Cash policy, accompanied with a series of guidance, tools and training materials. For country offices to adopt those, they need to be in a language they best understand. Your role will be to ensure the documents initially in English reads well in French and Spanish and use the appropriate terminologies for cash-based transfers, after they are automatically translated by artificial intelligence within the CBT Division. The person reports into the CBT Learning & Development Lead and receives technical guidance by the Policy & Design team.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- With the aid of DEEPL (online translation tool), review translation into French and Spanish a wide range and variety of documents (including our new Cash policy, policy materials, training, and workshop materials, etc.) from English in such a manner that the translation will be a finished product ready for publication.
- Contribute to the development of the French and Spanish CBT technical library of terminology through research and contacts with technical experts;
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
Education: You have
- University degree in Languages, International Affairs, Economics, Sciences, Business Administration, Public Policy or equivalent work experience.
Experience: You have
- Demonstrated skills in translating and writing documents in a very clear manner.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimum supervision required.
Language: You have
- Fluency (level C) in English, French and Spanish.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Ability to translate using the appropriate terminology in French and Spanish,
- Ability to edit documents in a way that it facilitates their understanding by readers, advanced computer skills
- Ability to translate on screen, using various applications of office technology and translation software
- a high sense of responsibility and demonstrated capacity to work effectively, rapidly, and accurately under pressure for extended periods and meet strict deadlines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: „Our Work“ and „Countries“ to learn more about WFP’s operations.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!