Stellenbezeichnung: Internship in System Integration of Foundation Models for Cloth Folding Robots
Arbeitsort / Location: Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Company Description
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
In this project, our primary focus is to develop a cutting-edge robotic system capable of mastering the intricate art of cloth folding. We aim to combine advanced computer vision algorithms with precise robotic manipulation techniques to enable the robot to perceive, grasp and fold different types of fabric efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy. By addressing the challenges posed by cloth manipulation, we aspire to pave the way for enhanced automation in industries such as fashion, textiles, and e-commerce, ultimately simplifying and revolutionizing the way we handle and process fabrics in our increasingly automated world.
- During your internship, you will integrate basic models for scene understanding and garment segmentation, as well as a picking prediction approach to enable garment picking.
- You will implement other movement primitives such as dragging, placing, moving to manipulate and fold clothes.
- Last but not least, you will demonstrate the integrated system on a real robot.
- Education: studies in the field of Computer Science, Cybernetics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics or comparable
- Experience and Knowledge: in Python and PyTorch; strong background in Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning or mathematics, knowledge of the Robot Operating System (ROS) is an advantage
- Personality and Working Practice: motivation for learning and experimentation with physical systems, i.e. robots
- Languages: fluent in English
Start: according to prior agreement
Duration: 6 months
Requirement for this internship is the enrollment at university. Please attach your CV, transcript of records, enrollment certificate, examination regulations and if indicated a valid work and residence permit.
Diversity and inclusion are not just trends for us but are firmly anchored in our corporate culture. Therefore, we welcome all applications, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Need further information about the job?
Anh Vien Ngo (Business Department)
+49 173 207 7375