Stellenbezeichnung: Machine Learning Engineer
Firma: Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
Arbeitsort / Location: Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The Division of Medical Image Computing is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer.
The German Cancer Research Center offers an exceptional research environment that presents exciting opportunities for our machine learning methodologies. The advertised position in the Division of Medical Image Computing (MIC) is integrated into Helmholtz Imaging, an initiative that enables imaging-related research through collaboration between engineers and researchers. We work alongside diverse domain experts to address significant societal challenges and develop vision systems for various imaging tasks across Helmholtz.
MIC is now seeking a talented machine learning engineer for setting up/designing an object detection and instance segmentation benchmark that provides a new opportunity to compare state-of-the-art algorithms on an unique composition of problems. This position comes with the opportunity to broaden your expertise by developing and evaluating innovative methodologies, working in interdisciplinary teams with domain experts and organizing the collaboration with international teams.
- Setup and design of an international medical imaging benchmark
- Identify appropriate datasets to represent a challenging and diverse set of applications for the development of novel object detection models
- Collaborate with international and multidisciplinary teams to create a new detection benchmark
- Develop and benchmark cutting-edge machine learning models on a diverse set of applications
- Work closely with data scientists and software engineers to identify and eliminate current shortcomings of state-of-the-art algorithms
- Master’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, or a related field
- Proficient in coding with Python and PyTorch, with a proven track record of developing and implementing machine learning models using these technologies
- Passionate about deep learning and high-impact applications
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in an international team
- Excellent English language skills
To apply, submit a brief cover letter stating your motivation for this position, curriculum vitae, names and email addresses of 2 references, as well as university certificates and transcripts.
- Excellent framework conditions: state-of-the-art equipment and opportunities for international networking at the highest level
- Remuneration according to TV-L incl. occupational pension plan and capital-forming payments
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of mobile work and part-time work
- Family-friendly working environment, e.g. parent-child room, advisory services caring for elderly relatives
- Sustainable travel to work: subsidized Germany job ticket
- Unleash your full potential: targeted offers for your personal development to further develop your talents
- Our Corporate Health Management Program offers a holistic approach to your well-being