Stellenbezeichnung: Machine Learning Scientist (f/m/d)
Firma: Kineo GmbH
Arbeitsort / Location: Berlin
Job Beschreibung: We are Kineo, a Berlin-based tech startup developing machine learning solutions that bring real, tangible business value to our clients. Through our expertise, mindset, culture and most importantly with your help we are turning the AI landscape upside down. Are you up for the challenge?
Our proposition to you
- We vouch to create a space where you can explore different sets of complex problems and data across industries and verticals.
- To support you in your personal development, everyone at Kineo has a mentor. When you grow, so does Kineo.
- Your decisions matter! You will not have a boss who decides things for you. At Kineo we believe that decisions are best made locally, by the people closest to the problem at hand.
- Transparent salary and career planning from day one.
- A beautiful office in the centre of Kreuzberg, with tons of benefits, such as free drinks, snacks, consoles etc.
- Flexible, family-friendly work environment – we have parents in the team and support them.
- 28 days of vacation
- A shared revenue model – when Kineo does well, you will benefit financially too
Success in the role means that you will have
- After 2 months: You established yourself as a member of the team and have already contributed to one of our client projects. You have a clear understanding of how we work and can independently navigate our technical architecture.
- After 6 months: You are a key member of the team and fully involved in the development of a client project. You will have made notable contributions to our codebase and internal processes.
- After 12-24 months: In collaboration with internal science and engineering resources, you lead the development of a client-facing application from the workshop phase to production. You are a trusted expert in a wide variety of machine learning algorithms and you are able to transfer that knowledge to more junior members of the team.
Your Character Traits
- You want to achieve something and don’t need a „manager“ to tell you that. You are eager to have space to take responsibility and grow from that.
- You hate boxes: You don’t stop when your thing is done, and you don’t point to the other side. Instead, you are eager to learn and support in areas that may not be your core expertise.
- Proactive communicator: you have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills that enable you to quickly establish an emotional bond.
You fit in with our team culture if you
- Enjoy working in an environment that combines pragmatic, commercial thinking with a strong desire to learn and grow together. We value team players, not data ninjas.
- Have a highly ambitious, curious and driven mindset while being able to convey humility and respect for different opinions.
- Feel like a global citizen with a strong passion for openness and diversity.
- See open feedback, accountability and independent thinking as the foundation for exceptional (team) work.
- You will work as part of smaller teams of 2-3 people on developing machine learning solutions with our clients.
- You will conceptualize and implement algorithmic solutions to challenging business problems. This includes prototyping and productionizing of machine learning solutions, and also defining and analysing product use cases together with the customer.
- You will own machine learning solutions from the first drop of raw data, all the way into production serving millions of inference requests.
- An advanced quantitative degree – e.g Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields. Strong knowledge of theoretical math and CS.
- Knowledge of working with large structured and unstructured data sets. Knowledge of data engineering tools like Apache Spark is an advantage.
- Strong programming skills in Python. We love other languages too, but Python is what we (and you) will use.
- Experience in using a wide range of ML frameworks such as SKLearn, Tensorflow, Torch in production. Experience with domain specific libraries like OpenCV, HuggingFace etc are an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to work cross-functionally with non-scientific experts.
- Resident in one of the EU countries. Due to the size of the company, we cannot currently accept applications outside the EU.
We value diversity and therefore particularly welcome applications from people who experience discrimination such as trans-, homophobia, bi-phobia, racism, classism (discrimination with regard to social class), or sexism.
Last but not least, keep in mind that we are hiring value based, not skill based. That being said, please tell us the following in your contact message:
- Why we would love to work with you
- Why you want to work with us
We bridge the gap between industry and AI. Our goal is to unleash the potential in individuals and organizations through passion, competence and business sense.
Gehalts Budget: €45000 – 55000 per year
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!