Stellenbezeichnung: Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of crop bioinformatics and deep learning
Arbeitsort / Location: Deutschland
Job Beschreibung: Offer Description
Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 26,500 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us from 01.10.2023 in full-time as a
Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of crop bioinformatics and deep learning
The position is part of an externally funded project and is limited for two years at the Chair of Plant Breeding, Institute for Plant Production and Breeding I at the Faculty of Agriculture, Nutrition and Environmental Management. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
Your tasks at a glance:
- Development of novel deep learning models aiming to understand impact of genomic variation on cis-regulation and gene expression in crops
- Publication of research results in scientific journals, presentations at international conferences
This project will offer a unique opportunity to develop novel deep learning approaches supporting genomic prediction and precision breeding.
Your qualifications and competences:
- Completed Master´s or equivalent university degree and PhD or equivalent in genomics/bioinformatics/computer science with experience in machine learning/deep learning and knowledge about application of deep learning for molecular phenotype prediction
- Previous experience in programming and machine learning/deep learning is essential. Experience with application of deep learning for analysis of biological sequence data is desirable
- Proven publication skills, proficiency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to lead development of novel approaches and computational tools for improving agriculture
- Interest in applying interdisciplinary approaches to the study of crop plant genome evolution and gene expression regulation
Our offer to you:
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Agnieszka Golicz by e-mail ( ).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online form by August 22nd, 2023, indicating reference number 499/09. We look forward to receiving your application.
Number of offers available 1 Company/Institute Justus Liebig University Giessen Country Germany
Where to apply Website