Stellenbezeichnung: Principal Engineer Platform Architecture for Automotive Microcontroller (f/m/div)
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern – Bristol Area
Job Beschreibung: Location: Munich, Bristol
Job ID: HRC0519601
Start date: 01.12.2023
Type of employment: Full time
Length of contract: Permanent
Workplace type: Hybrid
In your new role you will:
- Derive and consolidate the product requirements
based on marketing inputs, application assumptions, and stakeholder requirements * Drive a scalable and competitive product architecture, the product feature set, and the functional architecture together with the platform lead architect
- You define and conduct feasibility studies; evaluate solutions with regard to the impact on cost, performance, power and the usability in software
- Drive essential parts of our product documentation, such as the platform architecture specification and you consolidate the broad set of requirements
- Technically cooperate with a community of SoC architects, component architects and lead designers, to ensure feature and performance fulfillment and also efficient implementation of the proposed solutions
- Pro-actively drive innovation in the area of microcontroller platform and SoC architecture based on profound understanding of future product needs and industry trends
This job is suitable for full- and part-time.
You have a clear notion of how innovation contributes to the commercial success of the company, you constantly gain new insights by questioning existing assumptions and you inspire others for your ideas explaining even complex issues in a clear and convincing manner. Furthermore, you accept responsibility and accountability for decisions, and you are open to new challenges without knowing the right path to a solution in advance. If you remain aware of the big picture even in complex situations and take decisions despite uncertain circumstances, then you should join our team!
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or a related field
- At least 6 years of experience in technical roles in the areas of product definition,
SoC architecture and/or product design * Profound understanding of microcontroller architectures and their key components such as CPU subsystems, memories hierarchies incl. embedded NVM, system performance aspects, low power concepts, communication interfaces, and standard MCU peripherals
- Good understanding of SW-HW dependencies, platform partitioning options and external components as well as the
ability to understand platform development trade-offs and openness to negotiate with different stakeholders * Basic understanding of domain specific accelerators e.g. for signal processing functions, parallel processing, AI, and video/graphics processing and basic know how on product development aspects in pre- and post-Silicon phases
- Hand on experience in documenting the product specifications and requirements engineering using state-of-the-art tools and workflows (e.g. Prisma, Jama) and with architecture explorations e.g. based on feasibility studies
- Functional Safety and Security experience is a plus (e.g. experience with
development according to ISO26262 or ISO21434) * Automotive domain knowledge is an essential plus i.e. in terms of
microcontroller and processor architectures for automotive applications * Professional self-organization and (technical) leadership skills combined with fluent English communication skills; German is appreciated
Driving decarbonization and digitalization. Together.
Infineon designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of semiconductors and semiconductor-based solutions, focusing on key markets in the automotive, industrial, and consumer sectors. Its products range from standard components to special components for digital, analog, and mixed-signal applications to customer-specific solutions together with the appropriate software.
– Automotive (ATV) shapes the future of mobility with microelectronics enabling clean, safe, and smart cars –
The ATV division is shaping the future of mobility by enabling clean, safe, and smart cars. Its product and solution offering is powering the decarbonization and digitalization of vehicles. By driving the transition to hybrid and purely electric vehicles, ATV is making a valuable contribution to cleaner roads. ATV is also increasingly digitalizing cockpit, infotainment, comfort, and lighting applications as it takes automated driving to the next stage with higher levels of connectivity, security, and safety.
The ATV portfolio integrates sensors, microcontrollers, high-performance memories for specific applications, power semiconductors based on silicon and silicon carbide, as well as components for human-machine interaction and vehicle connectivity. Infineon is the world leader in automotive semiconductors.
for more information about working at ATV with interesting employee and management insights and an overview with more #ATVDreamJobs.
Automotive Microcontroller: We make green mobility smart
As a leading automotive microcontroller vendor, the Infineon business line Automotive Microcontroller (ATV MC) offers the industry’s most comprehensive microcontroller and software portfolio. The three major product families, AURIX, TRAVEO and PSoC, provide the newest innovation in performance, connectivity, power consumption, safety and security.
We enable the latest advancements in the dynamic automotive market, such as vehicle electrification, automated driving and driver information & interaction. Being at the core of transformation, we pave the way for new technologies, such as artificial intelligence and dependable computing, as well as higher levels of connectivity, security and user experience. So, join us to create a better future together.
We are on a journey to create the best Infineon for everyone.
This means we embrace diversity and inclusion and welcome everyone for who they are. At Infineon, we offer a working environment characterized by trust, openness, respect and tolerance and are committed to give all applicants and employees equal opportunities. We base our recruiting decisions on the applicant´s experience and skills.
We look forward to receiving your resume, even if you do not entirely meet all the requirements of the job posting.
Please let your recruiter know if they need to pay special attention to something in order to enable your participation in the interview process.
for more information about Diversity & Inclusion at Infineon.
Does this sound like just the right challenge for you? If so, we look forward to getting to know you!