Stellenbezeichnung: Product Line R&D Director (m/f/d) Product Line Ranging Sensors
Arbeitsort / Location: Bietigheim-Bissingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Thanks to its strategy focused on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of the three revolutions which are disrupting the automotive sector: electrification, autonomous and connected cars, and digital mobility. These are revolutions that Valeo has been able to anticipate and which today provide amazing career opportunities, including internationally! At Valeo, innovation is driven by the diversity, authenticity and energy of its talent. Are you looking for new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 109,900 employees across 29 countries!
Are you ready to shape the future of the vehicle? Revolutionize the experience of autonomous and networked driving with us and become a part of our VALEO team!
As global market leader for parking and driver assistance based in Bietigheim-Bissingen, our innovative mindset coupled with expertise in sensor fusion, environmental perception and artificial intelligence, enables to offer a unique technological portfolio for ranging, viewing and computer vision as well as of scalable architectures for functions such as driver assistance, active safety and automated driving. In order to drive our growth and further development, we are looking for YOU to join our team as a Product Line R&D Director (m/f/d) Product Line Ranging Sensors.
- Defining and contributing to annual strategy development for a rolling 3–5 years‘ perspective, as well as inputs to strategic and technical plans
- Management, definition, initiation of R&D activities including development of the corresponding budget to ensure profitable growth
- Disciplinary management, development and coaching of employees as well as definition and development of future required competencies
- Support of teams in winning new customer projects and handling of ongoing projects with corresponding steering committee meetings
- Implementation and tracking of relevant key performance indicators (Valeo 5-axes)
- Transfer of values, culture and standards within the R&D network and optimization of organization and working environment
- Implementation of business decisions and strategic initiatives as well as motivation of the whole team
- Coordination and alignment of objectives and requirements between Product Line, Product Group and Business Group
- Identification of potential synergies with other product lines (e.g. for technological requirements and innovations)
- Close cooperation and coordination with other product line functions (including finance, purchasing, sales, industrialization, quality, etc.) to win new projects and handle ongoing projects
- Steering of the product platforms for the basic development of new innovation and products
- Engineering degree preferably in the fields of electrical engineering or mechatronics
- At least 8–10 years of relevant professional experience in R&D preferably with focus on driver assistance systems in the automotive industry, knowledge in the field of sensor technology, especially ultrasound is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the development of automotive electronic assemblies and systems
- Strong technical background and system understanding for complex mechatronic products
- Leadership experience in managing globally networked R&D teams
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Monetary. Performance-related salary package and company pension scheme (allowance).
- Career development. Scope to develop your own ideas as well as professional and personal development opportunities worldwide.
- Benefits. Allowances for sports, health, pension scheme, canteen, JobRad, regular employee events and much more.
- Flexibility. Working models that harmonize your professional and private life.
- Setting. Flat hierarchies and modern working methods provide you with an innovative working environment.
- Future. Together we work on the trend topics of tomorrow’s mobility.