Stellenbezeichnung: Propulsion Design Lead Engineer Electric Machines (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Bayern
Job Beschreibung: Job Description Summary As the Propulsion Design Lead Engineer Electric Machines you will be a key member of the hybrid electric design team to prepare the next generation hybrid regional propulsion system (AMBER).
We are passionate about development, growth, and continuous learning. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then this could be the next role for you!
Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. At GE Aerospace, we believe the world works better when it flies. As a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft, our substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We have a relentless dedication to the future of safe and sustainable flight and believe in our talented people to make it happen.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform the electric analysis for electric machine propulsion system.
- Lead/support the electric propulsion system design.
- Collaborate with the electric machine and power converter experts.
- Support the electric system concept development for hybrid applications.
- Master in electrical engineering
- Multiple years of industrial experience on electrical propulsion systems and their components (electric machine, power converter, cables, energy storage, switchgear, filters, …).
- Electric system design experience, preferably in the hybrid electric space.
- Strong technical background in transient/dynamic electric system theory and analysis.
- Proven expertise in time domain electric system analysis tools, preferably PLECS.
- Proven expertise in Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Experience in validating electric propulsion systems through prototyping and laboratory testing and with Hardware in the Loop (HiL) tools.
- Proven system thinker with ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering
- Excellent team player. Experience in working in a global team.
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
- Ability to self-manage workload across a number of projects, self–directed and motivated
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognizes the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance. As a new joiner to GE Aerospace, we are pleased to be able to offer you the following in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs:
- company pension plan,
- supplemental health insurance,
- long service awards, invalidity and death insurance,
- holiday storage and fitness subsidy.