Stellenbezeichnung: Research Scientist (f/m/d) – Applied Security and Machine Learning (80-100%)
Arbeitsort / Location: Ladenburg, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Research Scientist (f/m/d) – Applied Security and Machine Learning (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You are interested in applied (IT) security research for connected and secure (industrial) systems, including security architectures and security engineering aspects? You are also interested in machine learning technologies, leveraging its opportunities in the security context? Then join the ABB family and apply your knowledge in an innovative and fascinating environment. ABB is a technology leader in digital transformation of industries toward autonomous industrial process plants, factories, and smart buildings, enabling sustainability, efficiency, productivity, and higher human well-being. In your role as a research scientist, you work toward industrial networks, devices, software tools, and system architectures. Security technologies such as intrusion detection and prevention, or continuous security management play an important role to protect industrial systems, with machine learning technologies promising a high degree of automating important security aspects. In addition, security for machine learning or artificial intelligence applications is of utmost importance.
This position reports to
R&D Team Manager
- As part of diverse, multi-disciplinary teams, you design sustainable, scalable, and adaptable security and analytics architectures.
- You develop application-driven solutions and apply your (IT) security engineering knowledge, in conformance with industrial standards and regulations.
- You team up to find innovative ways for interoperable and automated security services with and for machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies.
- With your technical expertise, you initiate, guide, and contribute to applied research projects, and provide consultancy to product development teams.
- You collaborate internationally with ABB divisions, customers, partners, startups, and renowned academic institutes.
- You build prototypes and showcase your work in demonstrators inside and outside of ABB.
- You secure intellectual property by patent applications and publish scientific articles.
- You have the chance to continuously develop your technical expertise and personal skills.
- We value cross-cultural communication skills and creativity, initiative, and result orientation to drive your innovations toward new products and services. Proficient English skills are mandatory.
- Above average degree in IT security, computer science, automation engineering or a related field, combined with either academic (PhD) or professional experience of at least 2 years.
- Experience with security architectures, and network and device security (e.g., intrusion prevention, endpoint detection and response, zero trust principles, trusted computing)
- Experience with security engineering (e.g., security and privacy by design, threat analysis), and standards and regulations (e.g., IEC 62443)
- Knowledge of analytics architectures and machine learning technologies (e.g., time series forecasting, NLP, multi-modal models, event analyses)
- Hands-on experience in software development (e.g., Python, C++, Rust, DevOps, MLOps) and, as a plus, with modern software technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, …)
- Knowledge in one of the following fields is beneficial: domain knowledge in motion/drives or process automation
- Retirement plan
- Flexible work practices
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
- Healthcare plan
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life – including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children’s vacation camp and taking care of family members. Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool. ABB AG Your contact is: Dr. Thomas Gamer (Research Team Manager): 0151/22181060 or Julia Fink (HR professional): +49 (0) 621 438 1307 ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!