Stellenbezeichnung: Senior Machine Learning Engineer (MLOps Engineer) (M/F/D)
Arbeitsort / Location: Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Job Beschreibung: StepStone: Founded in 1996, part of the Axel Springer SE group, is one of the most successful international digital recruiting businesses. We operate over 54 job boards with over 67 million visits per month and employ over 3,500 people in more than 20 countries. We deliver the best experience to our candidates and the recruiters we work with from small local players to big global brands across the job industry.
We at Stepstone are disrupting the global job market. Our products are digitalising the marketplace, setting new digital recruiting standards. How? By leveraging Artificial Intelligence to transform finding jobs and finding talent into a gratifying experience. Simple. Human. Intuitive. This is StepStone.
Our 1000 people-strong, global Product, Technology and Marketing teams are empowered to work on complex challenges that will make a significant difference across the world. We’re a positive force for good with our mission being to get the right people into the right jobs. We do this by making sure people are at the heart of our strategy as well as making sure people are at the heart of the companies we work with.
When we talk about people, we mean that we celebrate the differences, the diversity and the diverse perspectives that make communities both successful and wonderful. We strive towards creating an inclusive culture, a truly diverse organisation and an environment that is reflective of a flexible way of working for everyone.
We are keen to spread the net far and wide to reach out to candidates from diverse backgrounds. If you’re an unconventional candidate or you feel like you’re under-represented within the industry then we’d love to hear from you.
In our Squad we build and deploy Machine Learning products to maximise marketplace revenue and drive innovation on the hiring market. We are an international and diverse team of Big Data Developers and Data Scientists but share one passion: to apply our expertise to revolutionise e-recruiting. With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million CVs, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big, and the challenge is even bigger. The team stands out for helpfullness, engagement, collaboration but also performance and is fun to work with.
Technologies you have to know:
- Machine Learning model deployment with AWS Sagemaker (or other big cloud vendor)
- Large language models training, finetuning and deployment
- CI/CD | Code & Data Versioning
Technologies that are nice to have:
- AWS Cloud (IAM, S3, EC2, Batch, Lambda, EMR, Redshift, Glue and others)
- Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Big Data (Py)Spark | Scala)
- Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
- Process Automation
- Model drift monitoring
We are waiting for your CV if:
- You are curious, a team player, love to challenge yourself every day and take ownership for your work
- You are familiar with MLOps practices and can automate model inference pipelines on AWS.
- You are familiar with a machine learning model lifecycle and can support Data Scientists with model serving, monitoring and versioning.
- You know principles of a product lifecycle and create a common ground between a Data Science R&D and Software Product development
- You have experience with solving MLOps challenges using different technologies
- You appreciate coding rigour and have proven software development skills and experience in Python (design patterns, architectural patterns, SOLID, clean code, etc.)
- You have a basic understanding of analytics and/or statistics concepts
- You have a good command of English
In this role
- You will join the 3 Big Data Engineers, 1 other Machine Learning Engineer and 3+ Data Scientists in our squad to productionize cross-functional Data Science & Software Engineering projects
- You will join the discipline-centered groups, called chapters, of 60+ members across the organization to foster your individual development and exchange on expert level.
- You will work in an independent, empowered team: you will be actively involved in the design, engineering, implementation and deployment for the application of our Machine Learning models.
- You can take ownership of the project from idea to experiment, to prototype, to implementation and scaling!
- You will work with our development stack consisting of AWS, MLFlow, Terraform, and others, and help evaluating and introducing any new tools and technologies that might help us work more efficiently.
- Together with other Machine Learning Engineers, you will help define and evolve best practices for our community and drive MLOps across the company.
You will interact with product managers across the company for defining and understanding their problems from a technical perspective, contributing to and driving efficient formulations and solutions to these problems.
- Dual-track Scrum (3-day/2-week cycles)
- Cross-functional independent teams (Product Manager, 4 Developers, 4 Scientists, Eng Lead)
- Great independence of the team throughout the development cycle
- Team influence on the product itself (full partnership with Product Manager)
- Support from a dedicated DevOps team
- Code reviews
- Tests within the team
- MacBook / Dell (Windows)
- Two monitors (on-site only)
- Intellij PyCharm
- Atlassian stack