Stellenbezeichnung: Senior Technical Planning Expert for Future Cloud Architecture (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world’s population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world.
Now we are looking for a Senior Technical Planning Expert for Future Cloud Architecture (m/f/d)
- Follow the latest progress of industry and academia on Cloud and AI technologies. Identify new business opportunities and deliver technical insight for future cloud architectures.
- Lead the strategy and roadmap planning for future cloud services. Deliver technology strategic planning for relevant domains. Work with charter development team to define key technologies for future cloud services with strong competitiveness.
- Help to extend Huawei’s technology influence in the industry by participating in relevant industry activities, such as holding a chair in a key industry organization; drive papers, standardization or patents publications
- MSc/PhD in computer science or other domain-related disciplines.
- Well recognized expert with strong academic or industrial influence in at least one of the following domains:
- Mainstream CPU/GPU/NPU architectures
- PCIE/CXL and disaggregated architectures
- Operating systems/Linux kernel/Virtualization
- Cloud storage systems (Object storage, Block storage, File storage…etc)
- Cloud native platforms (Container, K8s, Serverless platforms)
- LLM and AIGC
- Cloud infrastructures for AI
- Using AI to improve data center systems;
- Data Services and Platforms (Database, Data Lake, Data Warehouses, Big Data, Data management and analysis systems etc)
- Rendering and physics simulation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Former Senior IC or Senior Managers in Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
- Chief Tech lead from top startups.
- Well-known Professors in above domains with highly cited publications.
- Chinese Native Speakers.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.
Department Locations Munich
About Huawei Research Center Germany & Austria
Huawei’s vision is to enrich life through communication. We are a fast growing and leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider.
Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services.
Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 197,000 employees of which more than 80,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D). With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide.