Stellenbezeichnung: Student – Master@IBM: UI for Data Gate on Cloud Instance Management
Arbeitsort / Location: Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Introduction
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What awaits you?
Welcome to the team. So that you can hit the ground running, a structured onboarding process and a personal contact person will accompany you throughout the entire orientation phase. During your Master’s studies, you will work on exciting national/international projects. If possible, you will write your Master’s thesis in cooperation with your department. At IBM, you will be a full member of one of our teams and will be able to establish valuable contacts in one of the largest global IT companies at an early stage.
These are your tasks
We are looking for motivated students for developing a web-based user interface of a brand-new cloud-native data replication product in the context of mainframe-to-cloud modernization. The user interface will seamlessly integrate with RedHat OpenShift as well as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud provider interfaces for monitoring and administering multiple product deployments inside the same cluster.
If you are interested to work in this project with state-of-the-art front-end development frameworks, applying industry-leading design thinking practices in an agile software development environment, do not hesitate and apply today!
A student joining our team will
- work in a multi-cultural team, collaborating with engineers in Germany and in China to develop innovative ideas
- gain deep knowledge in the development life-cycle of a large project, ranging from system administration over code development and testing to integration into existing products and frameworks
- benefit from the work with supervisors having a lot of experience in software development
– The scope of duties allows you to devote sufficient time to your studies.
These are your qualifications
– You have a good bachelor’s degree with an IT-related focus and a grade point average of 2.5 or better
– You are passionate about technology and software solutions related to artificial intelligence, data management, data analytics, data quality and cloud
– You are dedicated, enjoy solving problems independently and are willing to take on new challenges
– You like to take responsibility and actively contribute your ideas
– Your high motivation, communication and team skills, as well as your customer-oriented thinking and acting characterize you
– You are flexible and mobile
– You have very good German and English skills
What we offer:
Financial independence right from the start – through attractive remuneration. You have the choice between 15 or 20 hours per week.
Monthly salary with 20 hours per week:
1st year: 1,326 € gross per month
2nd year: 1,731 € gross per month
3rd year: 1,916 € gross monthly
Monthly salary with 15 hours per week:
1st year: 995 € gross monthly
2nd year: 1.298 € gross monthly
3rd year: 1.437 € gross monthly
Payment of semester fees as well as reimbursement of travel expenses to the university according to our guidelines
Expense allowance for master’s thesis lump sum 2,500 €
IBM internal training offers as well as the possibility of badges/certifications
Personal support from the specialist department
Support with career planning as well as coaching and mentoring offers
Sounds exciting? Perfect! Then become part of the IBM team and apply now.
Please submit the following documents – summarized in one pdf document – when applying online:
Cover letter that clearly states your motivation for IBM and a part-time Master’s degree program, as well as your qualifications fot the job.
Meaningful curriculum vitae, which also includes information on extracurricular qualifications, activities or social commitment.
Bachelor’s or diploma certificate and, if applicable, work and internship references.
If you do not yet have a transcript of grades, please send us your most recent transcript of grades. We require a grade point average of 2.5 or better. Applicants with a degree from a foreign university are required to submit an individual transcript of records from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
Applicants from non-EU countries must have a valid work permit and residence permit.
We are looking forward to your application!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Software Engineering – Front-end Development Focus
o Experience with a web application framework, such as React, Angular, or Vue.js
o Experience with Communication Protocols, such as REST, GRPC
o Hands-on Experience with Version Control Systems, preferably Git
o Hands-on Experience with Unit Testing and Dependency Injection
- Practical Experience with Linux
- Basic Knowledge about Cloud and Containerization Technologies
o Docker / Podman
o OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Language Skills
o English: Fluent
o German: Basic
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Practical Infrastructure Cloud Experience
o Preferably in AWS or IBM Cloud
o Infrastructure Automation Tools, such as Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with Java Development
- Experience with API specification languages, such as OpenAPI, Swagger
- Familiarity with node.js
- Familiarity with the features of TypeScript and ECMAScript 6 or higher
- Knowledge about Software Design Patterns
- Practical Experience with CI/CD Environments