Stellenbezeichnung: Teamlead Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition (f/m/x)
Arbeitsort / Location: Sindelfingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: We are shaping the future of mobility at Mercedes-Benz by developing automated driving systems for highway and urban use cases. Our teams are finding the best solutions for our customers by driving research and implementing the latest and best core technologies for our series products.
For this mission we are searching for a talented, energetic and committed colleague (f/m/x) to lead a software team within the environment perception department. Focus field is Computer Vision (Pattern Recognition), job location is in Sindelfingen, Germany. Become a leader of an innovative and agile team, which is ambitious to make our vehicles drive safe and fully automated.
In this position you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of advanced perception algorithms based on AI and machine learning from research to series production. You will work closely with international teams and partners along the effect chain – especially in the areas of environment perception, sensor fusion and map generation.
- Lead a perception team in the area of computer vision (pattern recognition) with machine learning engineers and software developers — both technically and disciplinary
- Research, design, test and implement perception algorithms for current and upcoming series products
- Define and drive a vision within the computer vision domain to enable best of bench systems in the area of automated driving from level 2 to level 4
- Guide all technical aspects of development, promote and utilize state of the art technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning for e.g. vulnerable road users detection and intention recognition, traffic light and traffic sign handling, and road estimation
- Collaborate with other teams within the department and with international partners in common projects to ensure a seamless integration of the solutions into the final series product
- Create a team environment that promotes respect, inclusion and diversity to team members
- Support scientific work for future topics such as generative AI by advising PhD students in collaboration with universities and in public funded projects
- Manage and continuously improve team performance and team development
Professional and Technical Qualifications:
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical engineering or related field
- Strong background in multi sensor perception, machine learning and artificial intelligence, thorough understanding of the perception algorithms along the effect chain of automated driving
- Desire and passion to work on cutting-edge technology and staying up to date with the latest developments in the field
- Enthusiasm for solving ambitious problems within the perception domain
- Comprehensive understanding of software development methods as well as safety and certification standards (e.g. ISO 26262, SOTIF)
- Several years of professional experience in disciplinary leading and managing software teams
- Many years of professional experience in the field of ADAS/AD, several years of which in large scale series software projects
- Ideally, well established network in the research community
- Business fluent english skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- High degree of initiative, independence and commitment
- Thinking and acting in an entrepreneurial manner
- Pronounced orientation for targets and results, customers and services
- Experience in and passion for managing projects spanning across multiple globally distributed teams in an in multicultural environment
- Negotiation skills, decision-making skills and conflict solving abilities
It is a permanent position.
It doesn’t work completely without formalities. When sending your online application, please attach your CV, an individual letter and any references you may have (max. 5 MB) and mark your application documents as „relevant for this application“ in the online form.
We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments in direct response to this job advertisement. If you have any questions, you can contact the local disability officer once you have submitted your application form, who will gladly assist you in the onward application process: email@example.com
Please understand that we no longer accept paper applications and that there is no right to get your documents returned.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact HR Services by e-mail at or the on our career page via the speech bubble symbol at the bottom right.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!