Stellenbezeichnung: Working student Software development – embedded machine learning (f/m/x)
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: ARE YOU READY FOR THE 4TH REVOLUTION?
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Digitalisation, robotics, artificial intelligence – not science fiction but our daily business. Everything seems impossible until it has been done. World-leading technologies don’t make it into a BMW until they’ve undergone one of the most challenging journeys imaginable. It takes dynamic teams with outstanding technical skills to take them from the drawing board to the road. That’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied working student occupation in the area of embedded machine learning.
Our team develops software that allows customers to access their vehicles, e.g. by providing them with a digital key. We make extensive use of machine learning (ML) algorithms which are deployed on an embedded ECU. Working as part of the vehicle access software development team, you will explore techniques that bridge the gap between traditional machine learning and the resource constrained devices where inference often takes place.
What awaits you?
- Gain experience in a fast growing sub-discipline of machine learning.
- Grow your experience in embedded software development.
- Familiarize yourself with different ML compilers, such as Apache TVM and Glow.
- Figure out how to compile ML models so that they can run on an embedded ECU.
- Investigate how to optimize models for specific target hardware.
What should you bring along?
- Enrolled in a university computer science program or related engineering discipline.
- Solid programming skills in C++ (or C) and Python.
- Demonstrable interest in embedded systems, preferably some experience.
- Interest in machine learning.
- Good english skillls.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits – see
You enjoy working in an international team? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at
Earliest starting date: 11/01/2023
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: Part-time or full-time