Stellenbezeichnung: Electromagnetic Lead Engineer Electric Machines (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Bayern
Job Beschreibung: Job Description Summary The Electromagnetic Lead Engineer Electric Machines will be a key member of the hybrid electric machine design team to prepare the next generation low emission single Aisle Aircraft propulsion system with hybridization (RISE) as well as advancing the next generation hybrid regional propulsion system (AMBER).
We are passionate about development, growth, and continuous learning. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then this could be the next role for you!
Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. At GE Aerospace, we believe the world works better when it flies. As a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft, our substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We have a relentless dedication to the future of safe and sustainable flight and believe in our talented people to make it happen.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead/support the electromagnetic design of electric machine
- Perform the electromagnetic analysis for electric machine design
- Collaborate with the thermal and mechanical designers of electric machine
- Support the electric machine concept development for hybrid applications.
- MS in electrical engineering
- Multiple years of industrial experience on electrical machines.
- Deep design experience in permanent magnet generators/motors.
- Electric Machine electromagnetic design experience, preferably in the hybrid electric space.
- Proven expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element analysis, preferably ANSYS (Maxwell)
- Proven expertise in Matlab/Simulink and/or Python.
- Experience in validating electric machine technology through prototyping and laboratory testing.
- Familiarity with converter duty and high voltage electrical insulation for electrical machine applications.
- Proven system thinker with ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering
- Excellent team player. Experience in working in a global team.
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
- Ability to self-manage workload across a number of projects, self–directed and motivated
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognizes the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance. As a new joiner to GE Aerospace, we are pleased to be able to offer you the following in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs:
- company pension plan,
- supplemental health insurance,
- long service awards, invalidity and death insurance,
- holiday storage and fitness subsidy.