Stellenbezeichnung: Front-End Engineer III, AWS IDEs
Arbeitsort / Location: Berlin
Job Beschreibung: DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who is passionate about building services and tools for developers that leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will be part of a team owning an AWS service to enhance the developer experience in the Cloud. The team works in close collaboration with other AWS services such as AWS Cloud9, the AWS IDE Toolkit and AWS Bedrock. If you are exited about working in cloud computing and building future AWS services, then we’d love to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
– Create new architectures based on business requirements
– Find innovative and well maintainable solutions that scale
– Coach and grow engineers around you by providing feedback, reviewing designs and give input on best practices
– Learn and use modern and advanced technologies
– Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and the open source community
– Lead cross team projects and ensure technical blockers are resolved
– Develop cloud-based solutions that will delight software developers and system administrators globally
– Create innovative products and see them launched in high volume production environments
– Participate in on-call rotation
A day in the life
Work/Life Harmony: Our team gives high value to work-life harmony. Since the Covid19 pandemic we adjusted to remote work and established a hybrid work environment in which engineers spend 3 days working in the office, adjusted to the team needs.
Mentorship & Career Growth: We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the team, and that includes our development managers. As a senior software development engineer you will play a vital part in growing your peers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams. AWS is a growth environment – we are hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have get to hire & develop other leaders along the way.
On-call Responsibility: This position involves On-call responsibility. We work as a team to root-cause the issues and ensure our systems are resilient and fault-tolerant.
About the team
You would work on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Next Gen DevX (NGDE) team where we are going to use generative AI and foundation models to reimagine the experience of all builders on AWS. From the IDE to web based tools and services AI will help engineers to work on large and small applications. In this team we have to explore new technologies and find creative solutions. Curiosity and an explorative mindset can find a place to impact the life of engineers around the world.
If you are excited about this space and want to enlighten your peers with new capabilities, this is the team for you.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Berlin, BE, DEU
– 6+ years of front-end developer creating prototypes or wire-frames for enterprise web applications or workflows experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
– Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, React, TypeScript, and Node.
– Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit/integration/performance testing, and a preference for agile development
– Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
– Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
– Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
– Strong UX design skills
– Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.