Stellenbezeichnung: Manager, Ecosystem Development
Firma: Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Arbeitsort / Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
Job Beschreibung: Summary
The Eclipse Foundation is one of the world’s largest open source software foundations, with a proven track record of enabling developer-focused open source innovation earned over 19 years. The Foundation is the home of numerous industry-leading projects and collaborations including Adoptium, Software Defined Vehicle, Eclipse IDE, IoT and Jakarta EE. Supported by over 350 members globally, the Foundation has an established international reach and reputation.
Reporting to the Vice President Ecosystem Development, the successful candidate will win new members for the communities around the various open source technologies initiatives hosted at the Eclipse Foundation and will identify opportunities to build communities around new emerging technologies. In particular, you will nurture and develop the membership relationship in Europe, with the longer-term goal of leveraging the existing base in Europe to extend this on a worldwide basis. The ideal candidate will have a passion and vision for establishing the Eclipse Foundation as the leading community for commercial-grade open source, and for maintaining the leadership of the Eclipse Foundation as the leading open source foundation in Europe.
- Recruit new members in Europe
- Be the primary contact for Foundation’s members in Europe and manage the dialogue between the Eclipse Foundation and these members.
- Identify and cultivate contacts with existing and potential members.
- Collaborate with the Eclipse Working Group program managers to identify new projects that members and potential members want to open source at the Eclipse Foundation.
- Manage member retention.
- Be an advocate of the benefits of using open source to foster collaboration in industry.
- Represent the Eclipse Foundation as a speaker at selected conferences and participate in selected trade fairs and conferences.
- Work with the Community Development team to monitor and report on the activities of the Working Groups. Be the liaison between the Working Group members and the other Eclipse Foundation staff.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant software industry experience, including 5 years or more experience in Business Development
- Good understanding of one or more IT domains such as embedded systems, IoT, cloud computing and artificial intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German or French
- Proven ability to influence without direct control or authority
- A willingness and aptitude to network with managers and senior IT leaders within the industry
- Desire to work in a creative and interesting international environment that values initiative and perseverance
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and responsibly and involve others when required
- Flexibility to travel in pursuit of business goals
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and distributed team
- Experience in working with the open source software ecosystem and its potential to drive innovation and economic growth in Europe
- Experience in coalition-building
- Good knowledge and understanding of Open Source ecosystems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or computer science.
Location of Position
- Remote in Europe
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at /
Eclipse respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.