Stellenbezeichnung: Master Thesis in the area of Generative AI (f/m/x)
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: ARE YOU READY FOR THE 4TH REVOLUTION?
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Digitalisation, robotics, artificial intelligence – not science fiction but our daily business. Everything seems impossible until it has been done. World-leading technologies don’t make it into a BMW until they’ve undergone one of the most challenging journeys imaginable. It takes dynamic teams with outstanding technical skills to take them from the drawing board to the road. That’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied Master thesis in the area of AI foundation models.
The automotive industry is driven by challenges like high process complexity, processual dependencies and hidden knowledge. Foundation models have reached high interest and show different advantages in an application within complex and in transparent processes.
What awaits you?
- Exploration of advantages and disadvantages using foundation models in industrial and domain specific settings.
- Analysis of different problems within the automotive product development process.
- Identification and evaluation of different methods for using foundation models within the automotive industry.
- Implementation and training of foundation models.
- Analysis and evaluation of the results.
- Usage of methods with restrictions on data amount using transfer learning, few shot learning and one shot learning.
Please note that your thesis must be supervised by a university on your part
What should you bring along?
- Studies in Information Technology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering or simuliar qualification.
- A passionate interest in Artificial Intelligence and foundation models.
- Excellent knowledge in programming language Python.
- Excellent knowledge in using Keras and Tensorflow.
- Motivation for new challanges in the industrial environment and the automobile development.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Fluent German and English.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits – see
You enjoy working in an international team? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at
Earliest starting date: 11/01/2023
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: Full-time