Stellenbezeichnung: Master Thesis in the Field of Physics-Informed Neural Networks starting September 2023
Arbeitsort / Location: Sindelfingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: The Mercedes-Benz Group AG is one of the most successful automotive companies in the world. Together with Mercedes-Benz AG, the vehicle manufacturer is one of the largest providers of premium and luxury cars and vans.
About our team:
Our team „Lightweight Joining Technology“ works on modern and highly efficient joining processes for lightweight body-in-white construction. We are responsible for the development, validation and series introduction of new production processes and promote a physical understanding of our joining processes through digitization and new types of modeling.
About the role:
Interesting and varied activities await you as part of your thesis. The thesis will offer you unique insights into the application of resistance spot welding in the automotive industry. An understanding of engineering science may be an advantage, but is not required. The thesis is oriented towards Scientific Machine Learning and Physics-Informed Neural Networks.
The final thesis selection is made in close consultation with you, the university and us.
- Degree in Data Science / Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Mathematics, (Business) Computer Science, (Business) Engineering or comparable course of study.
- Experience in the application of statistical methods, machine learning and artificial intelligence with ML libraries (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies in Azure/AWS (e.g. Databricks and Spark).
- Very good programming skills in Python, R or Scala and software engineering (Git, CICD, ‚Clean Code‘)
- Analytical thinking and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in German and English
- Confident handling of MS-Office
It doesn’t work completely without formalities. When sending your online application, please attach your CV, certificate of enrollment, current performance record, relevant certificates (max. 5 MB) and mark your application documents as „relevant for this application“ in the online form.
Please find the criteria of employment .
Citizens of countries outside the European Trade Union please send, if applicable, your residence / work permit.
We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments in direct response to this job advertisement. If you have any questions, you can contact the local disability officer once you have submitted your application form, who will gladly assist you in the onward application process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that we no longer accept paper applications and that there is no right to get your documents returned.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact HR Services by e-mail at or the on our career page via the speech bubble symbol at the bottom right.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!