Stellenbezeichnung: Master Thesis: Indoor Positioning System based on Machine Learning
Arbeitsort / Location: Berlin
Job Beschreibung: About u-blox
Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. Indoor Positioning System based on adaptive machine learning.
Indoor positioning and navigation has become a more and more interesting application during the recent years. There are many use cases visible in the market e.g. user navigation on airports or in shopping malls, tracking of equipment in hospitals or goods in production plants. Different short range technologies as Bluetooth, WLAN and UWB can be utilized for such positioning systems.
One of the biggest challenges in indoor environments is signal degradation due to multipath propagation and attenuation. Machine Learning can significantly improve the accuracy and efficiency of these systems compared to classical estimation methods.
- Development of a positioning system based on Bluetooth and adaptive machine learning
- Finding of a robust machine learning model which is applicable for different indoor environments
- Prototype implementation of the ML algorithms on an embedded system
- System verification and performance tests
Recommended knowledge and abilities:
- Extended knowledge in ML
- Software development on embedded systems , Python, C
- Basic knowledge in wireless communication technologies (Bluetooth)
- Basic RF and antenna knowledge, Hardware test and measurements
- Good analytical skills
- Flexible team player
- Good English
What do we offer?
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- Start-up and innovation mindset in a larger company setting
- Focus on staff welfare by having socio-medical services
- Hybrid work model
- Training and career growth opportunities
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching !
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.