Stellenbezeichnung: PhD in neuro-inspired AI
Arbeitsort / Location: Deutschland
Job Beschreibung: Offer Description
At our Institute for Applied Computer Science, we are looking to fill the position of a Scientific Assistant (male/female/diverse) at the earliest possible date, subject to the provision of funds with an application deadline of 23.08.2023. See here for the official German announcement ( )
Your responsibilities will include:
– Independent research activities in the field of neuro-inspired Artificial Intelligence.
– Preparation, summarization, assessment, and written representation of scientific findings in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
– Teaching duties in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or Mathematics for 2 hours per week.
What we expect from you:
– A good master’s degree in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Neuro- or Cognitive Sciences, Physics, Computer Science, relevant Engineering Sciences, or related areas.
– Experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Computational Neuroscience, preferably learning methods for (spiking) neural networks.
– A broad overview and foundational knowledge in the field of neuro-inspired Artificial Intelligence.
– Experience in writing scientific texts.
– Programming experience with regard to frameworks and algorithms in Artificial Intelligence and Automatic Differentiation.
– Experience in the preparation, interpretation, and representation of scientific data.
What we offer you:
– A diverse, varied, and challenging position at an innovative, modern, and family-friendly university in the vibrant World Heritage and Hanseatic city of Stralsund.
– An employment contract in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement for public service employees of the federal states (TV-L).
– Upon the existence of personal and tariff prerequisites, remuneration up to pay group 13 (TV-L) will be provided.
– 30 hours per week, with part-time employment being a possibility.
– A flexible working model with the possibility for remote work.
– Regular opportunities for further education and training, including Erasmus+.
– Health offers and courses within the framework of the “Healthy HOST”.
Number of offers available 1 Company/Institute Hochschule Stralsund Country Germany
Where to apply Website