Stellenbezeichnung: PhD in Robot Skill Sequencing by Language-based Reasoning
Arbeitsort / Location: Renningen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Company Description
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: We grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The recent developments in the area of foundation models for perception enable a wide range of new robot applications that require an unstructured, open-world scene understanding. With these methods, robots are now able to perceive and recognize novel objects as well as their semantics. In addition, large language models show increasing generative capability that allows them to not only generate meaningful texts, but to also structure the generated text as desired.
- In this PhD project, the goal is to investigate how the usage of planning algorithms can be facilitated by dynamically generating problem specifications, achieved by large language models and foundation models for perception.
- Essentially, your work addresses the limitation of requiring a manually defined abstraction by dynamically extending the required structured planning models with newly perceived content.
- In addition, the combination of planning algorithms with well-known behavior and large language models enables a new quality of expressing meaningful guarantees, as required when physically moving a robotic agent.
- You facilitate the capability of robots by tackling these tasks. They not only understand a wide range of novel scenes, but also how to think and act in such situations in a transparent way.
- Education: Master degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences Department, e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Science, Math or Cybernetics and very good grades with strong intrinsic motivation to pursue a PhD
- Experience and Knowledge: strong knowledge of robotics as well as of Python and Ubuntu/Linux, experience with foundation models, large language models as well as with task planning, formal methods, PDDL is a plus, experience with ROS/ROS2 is an advantage
- Personality and Working Practice: independence to identify, evaluate, and follow own research ideas
- Languages: good English and German language skills both written and spoken
You want to work remotely or part-time – we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models or job-sharing. Feel free to contact us.
Diversity and inclusion are not just trends for us but are firmly anchored in our corporate culture. Therefore, we welcome all applications, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Philipp Schillinger (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 7959
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!