Stellenbezeichnung: PhD position in Quantum Matter (m/f/x)
Firma: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
Institution Faculty of Physics
Remuneration group TV-L E13
Full-time / Part-time Part-time (75%)
Start date 2024-01-01 (The position is initially limited to two years)
Application deadline 2023-10-31
We seek a highly qualified and motivated PhD student to expand our research in theoretical condensed matter physics.
The research project is closely related to the mission of the excellence cluster Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology and the Munich Quantum Valley. It aims to improve the simulation of strongly correlated systems and employ techniques from many-body theory, artificial intelligence and quantum computation or simulation. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team of motivated scientists and have access to a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure. For more information,
We are looking for you:
PhD position in Quantum Matter (m/f/x)
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Studies of quantum spin liquids
- Quantum Monte Carlo simulations of strongly correlated systems
- Many-body physics and quantum computation with Rydberg atoms
- Machine Learning for strongly correlated many-body systems
- Master degree in Physics or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills (knowledge of C++ and Python are considered an advantage)
- Strong motivation, curiosity and commitment to scientific excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
We offer an interesting and responsible PhD position which will promote your further scientific career. The institute at the Arnold Sommerfeld Center is situated in the city center of Munich and can easily be reached by public transport. Your remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective labor agreement for public-sector employees at federal level (EG 13, 75% TV-L if the necessary conditions are fulfilled). The position is initially limited to two years, but under certain circumstances an extension can be arranged.
You can also count on the following concrete benefits:
- Company pension scheme
- Capital forming payments
- Compatibility between family and work:
- Flexible work times
- Support by childcare (e.g. offer of vacations- and emergency childcare)
- Development programs in all career steps
- Participation in symposia and conferences
- Offer of health protecion activities
- Theater and culture: special events, discounts and flyers
- Mobility: jobtickets, charging stations for electric cars, and discounted membership by Share Now (Carsharing)
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application, including your CV and academic transcripts of records, preferably in English altogether with a publication list, research statement and the contact addresses of 2 references no later than October 31, 2023 sent to Prof. Dr. Lode Pollet:
Prof. Dr. Lode Pollet
Professor at the Chair of Theoretical Nanophysics
80333 München, Germany
Where knowledge is everything.
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology – supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!