Stellenbezeichnung: PhD Positions in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
Firma: Technische Universität München
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: The Munich Center for Machine Learning (MCML) is a joint research initiative of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) and Technische Universität München (TUM). It is one of six nationwide AI centers in Germany to receive permanent funding as part of the German and Bavarian government’s AI strategy. Our vision is to strengthen regional, national, and international competence in AI and to make the corresponding potential accessible to users from science and industry. We offer several PhD positions in any field of research within the domains of machine learning. The positions are ranked according to German TV-L E13 (100%), for a duration period of 3 years.
Your tasks and responsibilities: You will develop a PhD research project in a field related to one of the three research areas of MCML: Foundations of Machine Learning; Perception, Vision, and NLP; and Domain-Specific Machine Learning. The position starts on 1 July 2024.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in one of the following fields (must be completed no later 1 July 2024): informatics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mathematics, statistics, data science, or physics
- Excellent grades
- A very good command of the English language
- Strong scientific motivation
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
Benefits: You will join one of the top AI research centers in Germany and in Europe with access to an excellent network of scholars and scientists. MCML currently has 50 principal investigators working in one of our three core research areas. LMU and TUM offer high-caliber research facilities with extensive support for developing innovative and cutting-edge research projects.
Your office will be located at LMU Munich (Faculty for Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics) or at TUM on the Garching campus.
The position is an TVL-E13 position in the German TV-L system (based on the tariff contracts for public service, commensurate with experience). The position is for three years, with the possibility of extension upon re-evaluation. Working hours are flexible.
LMU Munich and TUM provides diverse benefits for its employees, including support for scientists from overseas. LMU Munich and TUM are interested in increasing the number of female faculty members and encourages women to apply. This position is also possible in a part-time capacity. People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Opening of the online application system: 15 October 2023
Deadline for submitting the applications: 15 November 2023 (Portal closes at 23:59 CET) Deadline for submitting the letters of reference by the referees: 22 November 2023
Screening: 24 November – 3 December 2023
Review and potentially Interviews: 12 December 2023 – 31 January 2024
Decision: 28 February 2024
Starting date: 1 July 2024 (later start is also possible)
To apply: Please submit your application via the . Please provide a personal email address (for the login credentials and the application form). Other forms of submission will not be considered. You may submit your application until 15 November 2023.
Please upload the following documents (as PDF files) in the :
- A cover letter of 1-2 pages in which you explain why you would like to join our center, and what qualifications you have to do so.
- An academic CV of max. 4 pages (including, among other things, your list of publications)
- Transcript of all your courses, including grades, from your M.Sc.
- A research project proposal (2 pages).
- A writing sample in English on a topic in the focus of the three domain areas of the MCML: You may submit a published paper, a part of your Master thesis, or any other piece of writing that indicates your skill. A writing sample should not exceed 5 pages.
- Proof of English language proficiency (Cambridge Certificate, IELTS, TOEFL) of at least Level C1 (or higher), if your first language is not English. An English waiver can be granted if you have earned your first (or previous) degree in a program that has been taught in English. In this case, upload your degree diploma in English.
- Contact information for one reference, who is willing to provide a reference letter.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!