Stellenbezeichnung: Postdoc in Medicinal Chemistry (f/m/x)
Arbeitsort / Location: Hannover, Niedersachsen
Job Beschreibung: Offer Description
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Job description:Postdoc in Medicinal Chemistry (f/m/x)
Home Office Options
We are Helmholtz Munich. In a rapidly changing world, we discover breakthrough solutions for better health.
Our research is focused within the areas of metabolic health/diabetes, environmental health, molecular targets and therapies, cell programming and repair, bioengineering, and computational health. We particularly excel in the fields of basic research, bioengineering, artificial intelligence, and technological development.
Through this research, we build the foundations for medical innovation. Together with our partners, we seek to accelerate the transfer of our research, so that laboratory ideas can reach society and improve people’s quality of life at the fastest rate possible.
This is what drives us. Why not join us and make a difference?
The Institute of Medicinal Chemistry headed by Prof. Dr. Oliver Plettenburg is located at the Leibniz University of Hannover as a satellite branch of Helmholtz Munich. The institute is focussed on providing chemical compound tools to explain mechanisms of disease pathogenesis and to identify and optimize innovative substances.
Prof. Matthias Tschöp (Dr. Med., Dr. hc.) CEO of Helmholtz Munich We believe that excellent research requires a range of different perspectives. Diverse teams reach better solutions and are more innovative in their research topics.
Establishing our Diversity Management Strategy demonstrates our commitment to ensuring an appreciative company culture based on mutual respect. We are also implementing diversity-sensitive processes throughout our whole organization.
- Independent synthesis and optimization of pharmacologically active drug candidates
- Designing and conducting organic chemistry experiments as well as purification and characterization of synthesized compounds
- Application of modern medicinal chemistry methods (structure-based design, Synthesis of targeted compound libraries, interpretation of physicochemical and ADME data)
- Analysis of biological data to establish quantitative structure-activity relationships
- Presentation of the research results achieved and writing of scientific publications
- Completed studies (Master, Diplom) and doctoral degree (PhD) in medicinal or organic chemistry
- Broad method spectrum in modern preparative organic chemistry
- First experience in medicinal chemistry and biochemical work methods
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English
- Strong communication and organizational skills are expected
- Being comfortable working with colleagues in an interdisciplinary and international setting
- We expect high motivation, creativity and a strong commitment to team work
Since 2005, we hold the TOTAL E-QUALITY award for exemplary action in the sense of an equal-opportunity organizational culture.
Helmholtz Munich is actively committed to diversity and inclusion in practice and is sustainably committed to equality.
The Diversity Charter has set itself the goal of promoting diversity in the world of work. By signing the charter, we commit ourselves to create an appreciative working environment for all employees.
If you fulfil all the requirements, you may be eligible for a salary grade of up to E 13. Social benefits are based on the Collective Wage Agreement for Public-Sector Employees (TVöD). The position is limited until 30/04/2025.
We are committed to promoting a culture of diversity and welcome applications from talented people regardless of gender, cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, sexual identity, physical abilities, religion or age. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
If you have obtained a university degree abroad, we will require further documents from you regarding the comparability of your degree. Please request the Statement of Comparability for Foreign Higher Education Qualifications as early as possible.
Interested in applying?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dr. Oliver Plettenburg, 0511762-4615, who will be happy to help.
We are Helmholtz Munich.
Why join us?
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.
Website for additional job details
Number of offers available 1 Company/Institute Helmholtz Zentrum München – Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt Country Germany City Hannover
Where to apply Website
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1 Postal Code
+49 89 3187-0 Fax
+49 89 3187-3322