Stellenbezeichnung: Postdoctoral Researcher in Machine Learning (m/f/x)
Firma: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
Institution Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics – Institut für Informatik, Lehrstuhl für Datenbanksysteme und Data Mining, Professor Dr. Thomas Seidl
Remuneration group TV-L
Full-time / Part-time Full-time (100%)
Start date As soon as possible (limited to three years, with the option of renewal)
Application deadline 2023-09-30
With our research activities, we drive forward Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Database Technologies. Our goal is to enhance the analysis of large and complex datasets from various fields such as engineering, economics, humanities, life sciences, etc. Both our fundamental research and applied research inspire and support each other.
We are looking for you:
Postdoctoral Researcher in Machine Learning (m/f/x)
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading a project group and supervising doctoral candidates and students working in one of these areas: Machine Learning with limited labeled data, Active Learning, Semi-supervised Learning, Transfer Learning, Clustering
- Publishing research results in the form of peer-reviewed articles at relevant conferences and in specialized journals
- Contributing to the acquisition of future research projects
- Pursuing your own scientific qualification
- Participating in the teaching activities of the department and developing your own teaching profile
- Participating in other scientific tasks of the department, such as decisions on infrastructure design.
- Excellent or upcoming doctoral degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related research fields
- Publications in leading specialized journals or conferences in the area of Machine Learning, Data Mining, or related fields
- Good communication skills, fluent in English, and ideally knowledge of German
- Experience in supervising student theses and final projects.
You will work at LMU Munich in the ecosystem of one of Germany and Europe’s leading AI research regions, with access to an excellent network of researchers. With the national AI competence center, Munich Center for Machine Learning, the Munich region has a unique network of top researchers nationwide. Your workplace is centrally located at the English Garden in Munich and is easily accessible by public transportation. The salary is based on the German TV-L scale, up to remuneration group TV-L E14, depending on the fulfillment of requirements. The position is limited to three years, with the possibility of extension. We welcome applications from women.
Also possible in a part-time capacity. People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
To apply, please send the following documents in a single PDF file (max 5 MB) to Dr. Thomas Meier: by September 30, 2023:
- Certificate of your doctoral degree or proof of registration for the doctoral exam
- Academic CV with Google Scholar link
- Outline for a research project (1-2 pages)
- Names and contact information of two references.
Where knowledge is everything.
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology – supported by experts in administration, IT and tech.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!