Stellenbezeichnung: Research Group Leader for Robotic Learning (f/m/div.)
Arbeitsort / Location: Renningen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Employment type: Unlimited
Working hours: Full-Time
We are looking for an exceptional leader to head our international research group and drive innovation in the exciting fields of robotics and machine learning.
- As the leader of the AI methods for robotics team, you are responsible for shaping research agendas, technology roadmaps and initiating new projects in collaboration with other research areas at Bosch.
- You lead a team of senior experts, post-doc level research scientists, research engineers as well as PhD students in the fields of AI methods for robotics, including perception and planning, with a focus on manipulation robotics.
- With your team you will follow the latest AI developments, e.g. foundation model, and also contribute with own original reasearch.
- Your team’s cutting-edge research will have applications in Bosch manufacturing plants and future consumer products, such as household robotics.
- In this role, you drive the development as well as industrialization of AI-based robotic perception and planning methods together with partners at Bosch Research as well as Bosch business units.
- You will interface with a wide network of international academic collaboration partners and represent Bosch Research at international conferences as well as events in the fields of robotics and machine learning.
- Also, you get the opportunity to initiate new research and development activities related to Bosch products as well as to engage in publicly funded projects.
- As a successful candidate, you will have a strong track record of shaping team culture and identity. You will support the professional as well as personal development of team members. In doing so, you will contribute to the strategy development of AI and robotics research as well as applications at Bosch.
- Education: excellent degree (PhD) in Computer Science or related fields with a focus on Robotics and Machine Learning
- Experience and Knowledge:
- ideally several years of experience in leading an academic or industrial research team or project in relevant research domains
- proven research experience with a strong publication record in machine learning, robotics or a related field
- product-oriented experience in real-world applications of robotics and autonomous systems
- experience in supervision of PhD students and postdocs
- proven leadership skills, e.g. as an academic group leader, or via leadership experience in industry
- Personality an Working Practice: self-confident, responsible team player, professional speaking and communication skills across all hierarchy levels and different target audiences, open minded, business orientated
- Enthusiasm: passion for cutting edge research in the field of machine learning for robotics, vision for future robotics applications at Bosch, in particular in the manipulation robotics domain, motivated to work in and guide an interdisciplinary as well as international team
- Languages: excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Work-life balance: Flexible working in terms of time, place and working model.
- Health & Sport: Wide range of health and sports activities.
- Childcare: Intermediary service for childcare services.
- Employee discounts: Discounts for employees.
- Room for creativity: Space for creative work.
- In-house social counseling and care services: Social counselling and intermediary service for care services.
The recruitment contact or superior will be happy to provide information about the individual benefit plan.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!