Stellenbezeichnung: Senior Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d)
Arbeitsort / Location: Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Job Beschreibung: The ALDI Nord group of companies is one of the leading food retailers. For over 100 years, ALDI has stood for the creation of the discount principle. Our mission is to provide people everywhere and anytime with their daily essentials: quality products at low prices – simply and quickly. This also includes making shopping as easy as possible for our customers. That’s why we give our best every day and reinvent ourselves time and again. Combined talent and commitment – that is the POWER behind our success stories. Across Europe in 9 countries with more than 5,600 stores and more than 86,000 employees. We are: Simply ALDI. Powered by people.
- Develop and industrialize complex data analytics products for various use cases.
- Support the creation and optimization of data analytics and ML models from idea to production
- Optimize and document experiments, models, and KPIs in modern framework
- Establish and further develop our ML platform for Data Scientists to enable them to explore and build models collaboratively using Databricks and other Azure services
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Architects to jointly advance and shape the future of our analytics platform
- Assume a mentoring role in complex machine learning projects spanning over different business units
- Strong experience (5+ years) in the application of state-of-the-art data science and machine learning solutions using e.g., Python, PySpark, SparkML, TensorFlow and managing model life cycle (MLflow)
- Strong experience (5+ years), can-do personality and professional attitude for software development methodology using automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and deployment as well as operations
- Experience (1+ years) in infrastructure-as-code and operations automations with tools like terraform using one of the three hyperscalers: Azure (preferably), AWS, GCP
- Experience (2+ years) in managing Data Science and ML projects end to end, including stakeholder management and technical delivery
- Experience with agile software development (methods and processes)
- Very good written and spoken English and preferably German skills
- Successfully completed studies in the fields of mathematics, computer science, physics, business informatics or a comparable qualification
- A secure job at the No. 1 in discounting
- An open working atmosphere in which we value your opinion
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of partial mobile working
- A new office campus with a day care centre, gym, innovative gastronomic concept, parking garage, …
- A varied and challenging job with a lot of creative freedom
- A high-performance and pleasant working environment in a motivated and dynamic team that is looking forward to you!