Stellenbezeichnung: Senior Product Counsel (d/f/m)
Arbeitsort / Location: München, Bayern
Job Beschreibung: The Role
Bring your knowledge. Be a partner. Join our Finance, Strategy, & Legal team and use your subject-matter expertise to investigate problems, define solutions, and guide decisions as Personio’s co-pilots.
Personio is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Product Counsel, someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. As the Senior Product Counsel, you will play a key role in shaping and scaling our legal product offering, ensuring compliance with regulations and providing valuable legal and compliance solutions to our business and customers. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive the development and enhancement of our product offering. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of SaaS HR solutions.
Serve as the lead product counsel for Personio
Define and execute the legal product strategy and roadmap for Personio, aligning it with the company’s vision and our customers‘ needs
Provide strategic legal counseling for our PTech department with privacy by design principles in product development in mind
Provide guidance for implementation of privacy and data protection laws and regulations in our product (i.e data protection by design) and work with our Privacy Counsel in connection with the completion of DPIAs, LIAs and TIAs for new products and strategic partnerships
Partner closely with engineering, product managers, marketing, legal and other business teams to ensure the seamless integration of legal features and functionalities into the overall product ecosystem
Support the business in understanding and complying with legal and our customers‘ regulatory requirements when launching new products, features, and initiatives globally
Identify and prioritize (internal and external) customer needs, pain points, and legal requirements to guide the development and compliance for our products
Stay abreast of market trends, competitive landscape, and industry best practices to drive continuous product improvement and innovation (including benchmarking)
Manage and build out the Legal Product team
Develop and deliver innovative, scalable and effective legal solutions and processes, including the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, launch, and iteration
Establish and monitor Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) together with metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of the legal product process and offering
Serve as a subject matter expert on product-related matters (internally and externally)
What you need to succeed
Qualified lawyer with 10+ years‘ experience in house or at a top law firm and have at least 4 years of experience as a product counsel
Expert level knowledge of IP, privacy and regulatory compliance in the EU, UK and (ideally) the US
Proven track record of leading on product compliance matters and advising stakeholders at all levels, preferably within SaaS or fast-paced tech businesses
Demonstrated experience in implementing privacy by design principles in product development processes
Strong experience in developing and launching products and features (assessing the product risk and product risk management in the context of IPO is a plus)
Expert level knowledge in drafting and negotiating data/technology agreements, including SaaS agreements, software licensing agreements and data transfer/processing agreements (advising on the use of generative AI tools is a plus)
Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders; and people skills as you will be working in a vibrant, dynamic and diverse tech environment
An ambitious mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and call out issues when needed
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive product decisions
Self-starter with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision (start-up mentality)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package – reevaluated each year – that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget for you to invest in your development via professional memberships, external certifications, conferences, and more
- Regular company and team events like All Company Culture Week and local year-end celebrations
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, including a Personio contribution
- Choose between green mobility options, including a JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Germany for €22 per month with a subsidized Qualitrain membership
- A beautiful, spacious office in the heart of Munich, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
Bring your best. Make your mark. We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates so that we can transform the way millions of people experience work every day. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and support our people as they shape their careers.
With over 10,000 customers and a team of 1,800 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
Thank you for considering a career at Personio. Please fill out the following form. In case you are experiencing problems with the document upload, mail your documents to email@example.com.
Name * This field contains invalid characters
This field contains invalid characters
Email * Something went wrong
What type of role are you interested in? *
How did you hear about us?
Please upload any documents that you want to include with your application (e.g. CV) as PDF.
Bewerbung:Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Oder lassen Sie sich von Arbeitgebern finden.
Hier Lebenslauf als Gesuch eintragen!